29 November 2006

I haven't posted for a while. Busy. Busy.


I've been working on my sonnet and thinking about writing a Christmas poem for the local paper. The trouble with that is that I feel you have to be honest in a poem and I'm not sure that I can find enough rhymes for humbug. I doubt if the paper has the sense of humour to publish anything like that, even if it's good - and that's my other problem.

I just got a call from 'Eggheads' asking if I can get my team up to Leeds for an audition on Saturday morning. Some hope. A woman called 'Nazia' rang. Sounded quite nice; so I'll have to make an effort. I wouldn't meeting Judith Keppel either. Can't beat a bit of class.

Coincidences. My younger son has been reading Danny King - Hitman Diaries, Burglar's Diaries, etc. My elder son, who was up from London last weekend, knows him. So, of course, I have to read him and the library provides a copy. Review to come later. First impression, I could have written it myself, but couldn't be bothered.

Do you know - the news is still full of Muslims and their sodding veils!

* * * *

Joke of the day:

Girl to mother: 'Mum, what's an orgasm?'
Mother: 'I don't know. Ask your father.'

No comments: